Video content has great impact and is a fantastic way to engage with your audience. Why not add some to your Creative Tracks profile page and posts?
Embedding allows people to watch your video without having to leave the Creative Tracks website. You can embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or another video hosting website into your Creative Tracks profile. This is an excellent way to present your work to other members of the platform. You can also share videos in an Ideation Lab to complement a discussion.
To embed a video, follow these steps:
Embedding from YouTube
1. Upload your video to your YouTube channel. If you haven't got one yet, sign up. If you'd like to embed somebody else's video, go find it on Youtube. Be sure to let them know you’d like to use their content and credit them.
2. Underneath the video, click the share button.
3. Click "Embed" and copy the link that appears.
4. Go to the Creative Tracks page on which you wish to insert the video. This is either your personal profile or an ideation lab page. To embed the video on your profile, click on your small profile picture in the top right corner of your screen. Then click "My profile". Then click the big blue button underneath your profile picture that says "Edit my profile". Then go to the "About" tab. You can now insert your video in the text box. Position your cursor where you want your video to appear among the text, and click on "Embed" and choose between "full width" (to show your video in a large format on the page) or "light box".
Paste the embed code into the box that appears and click "Insert Embed".
Embedding from Vimeo
1. Upload your video to your Vimeo channel. If you haven't got one yet, sign up. If you'd like to embed somebody else's video, go find it on Vimeo. Be sure to let them know you’d like to use their content and credit them.
2. Click the share button in the top right corner of the video player.
3. In the pop-up window, you'll see a field containing an embed code for the video. Just copy that code and paste it into your Creative Tracks profile as explained in step 4 above.
That's it! Well done.
To embed a video into an Ideation Lab, it's the same process. You copy the embed link on the video, go into the content tab of your Ideation Lab, click the "embed" button and paste the link in there.
Need some help with something we haven’t answered here? Check our FAQs page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.