The Tamteen fund helps root and consolidate artistic and cultural teams in the Arab geographical zone. Grants do not exceed 3000€. Creative entrepreneurs in this zone can apply.
In the context of international mobility and exchange of artists and cultural operators, the Roberto Cimetta Fund is running a funding line to support strengthening and sustainability of organisations and projects. This funding line entitled "Tamteen" aims to strengthen cultural and artistic organisations and/or artists' collectives operating in the Arab World and developing local projects (venues, networks, platforms).We hope through this fund to create a leverage effect that could contribute modestly to rebalancing forces between Arab and European components in the exchange, as well as strengthening and sustaining cultural exchange between Arab regions.
The grants provided will not exceed 3000€ and can be considered as co-funding depending on the projects selected. This call is open for organisations, artists collectives and independents cultural managers from the Arab geographical zone and who have been operating for at least one year.The application must explain how the organisation will develop in the long term and how its existence contribute to local cultural development. Sustainability implies any action that will allow the organisation or its activities to last by covering operational costs. For example this could be by providing a salary to an administrator, buying equipment, renovating a space or any other operational cost. Support to artistic production can be provided only if this production can prove “sustaining” effects. However, a Tamteen grant does not fund production costs of artistic works.
The experts and Board members of the Roberto Cimetta Fund will monitor the selected projects during their implementation. This third call for applications is open until 30th September 2016.The evaluation and selection processes will take place during the months of October and November 2016. The results will be announced on 1st December 2016.Five projects at least will be selected. The funds provided must be used within two years, unless agreed otherwise. This call is open to all applicants including previous applicants, whether they have been selected previously or not.
The Roberto Cimetta Fund and the French Ministry of Culture and Communication hope that this fund can serve to strengthen projects that emerge following the benefits of a travel grant and at the same time support the financial autonomy of local independent cultural initiatives.You can apply in Arabic
Eligibility criteria of this Fund and conditions for the provision of funds
The eligibility criteria and allocation conditions for the provision of funds are as follows:
1) Applications can be made in the name of a cultural or artistic organization or an artists' collective operating already for at least 2 years. Only small or medium organisations whose annual budget does not exceed 20 000€ are eligible. Support will not be provided to public or semi-public organisations).
2) The applicant must be based in the Arab geographical region (including Turkey).
3) Age and nationality are not eligibility criteria of this Fund.
4) Are eligible all the structures or collectives concerned by contemporary artistic disciplines : performing arts, all forms of visual arts, literature, music, and cultural policy research. Humanitarian aid or school/university projects are not eligible to this Fund.
5) The application must explain how the organisation will develop in the long term and how its existence contribute to local cultural development. Sustainability implies any action that will allow the organisation or its activities to last by covering operational costs. For example this could be by providing a salary to an administrator, buying equipment, renovating a space or any other operational cost. Support to artistic production can be provided only if this production can prove “sustaining” effects. However, a Tamteen grant does not fund production costs of artistic works.
6) The aim of this fund is to stabilise the candidats activities in their own environment, locally, and to strengthen the conditions of sustainability by networking methods. Applications that show potential to meet these aims at the local level will have a better chance of success.
7) The call aims to offer funds to applicants who have difficulty finding the funding needed for their sustainable development. Proof of co-funding is recommended but not compulsory. The maximum amount that can be requested is 3000€.
8) Special attention will be given to applicants whose activities contribute to the transmission of values such as respect for the diversity of cultural expressions, freedom of artistic expression, fair exchange and solidarity. Moreover, applicants must agree with the ethical charter
of the Roberto Cimetta Fund.
9) Although open to initiatives from all geographic regions, TAMTEEN support programme will be particularly attentive to those in rural or suburban areas.
10) Eligible costs can be operational costs and costs for renovation or equipment. All expenditure must be clearly and chronologically defined in an adjoining excel chart. If your application concerns renovation or equipment costs a pro forma invoice will be requested with the application.
11) An agreement between the project leader and the Roberto Cimetta Fund will be drawn up if the project is selected. This agreement will clearly stipulate the aims of the project, the actions that will take place, the conditions of transfer of funds, the role of the Roberto Cimetta Fund in the monitoring process of the project. 12) The report to obtain the final payment will be composed of a written activity report, a detailed expenditure report, proof of communication of the support of RCF and all other proof that the project has taken place (photographs, report from the various actors involved, etc.).
13) If the request includes hosting beneficiaries abroad, or hosting individuals from abroad, their presence should be justified as necessary for strengthening and sustaining the candidate's activity and their length of stay must be sufficient in order to ensure an understanding of the local cultural context. This measure favours a proper understanding of the cultural and artistic challenges in a given local context and stresses the need to allow time to build trust between actors; for the sustainability of any artistic and cultural exchange.
14) The transfer of funding is directly made to the account of the project leader (organisation or individual) in the following way: 30% following proff of expenses, 50% after the intermediary report, 20% after the submission of the final report and accompanying documents.
It is possible to make a request online until 30th September here
. You can visit the RCF website at this address: www.cimettafund.org
Architecture, Audiovisual and interactive media, Film, Literature, Music, Performing arts, Photography and photo imaging, Visual arts